We are always looking
for new talent!!
We are always looking to bring talented people into our business who have a desire to expand their career, work as part of a team and have a passion for solving problems.
At Switch Media we value each and every one of our employees. We are interested in understanding you as an individual, your goals and your career aspirations.
Please have a look at our current vacancies as we are always on the lookout for passionate and talented people. If you think Switch Media is a company that suits you well, please contact us even if you don’t fit exactly into one of these positions.
Front End Developer X 2
As multi-platform video specialists, Switch Media design, develop and deliver tailored IP video solutions for a diverse range of industries including Broadcast Media, Government & Enterprise, Education & Training and Retail Security. Our clients include FOXTEL, Fairfax Media, ABC, Channel Ten, Australian Federal Parliament, and RMIT.
A new opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Front End Developer to join our talented team of engineers based in Pyrmont. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be part of the Product Development team and your role will focus on the development of our Universal Player and TV apps.
At Switch Media we provide our engineers with the very best tools and follow practical, engineering processes. We use Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash and HipChat. we follow the Scrum process using certified Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to
- Own and drive the development of new cutting edge Front-End features and UI for our core Audio\Video content delivery platform and cross platform applications.
- Design, implement and operate large scale web services
- Integrate major 3rd party APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, YouTube)
- Translating business requirements into technical plan
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Implement new layout and figure out how our clients can get a better experience.
- Optimise the Performance and User eXperience
- Integration with backend development/services
- 3+ years’ experience as a Front End Developer
- A solid background in complex Web development environments
- Good knowledge of OOP, PHP, Node.js and MongoDB
- Flair for UI and UX
- Experience building responsive websites without 3rd party frameworks
- Strategic and sensible approach for problem solving and strong attention to detail
- Passion for technology, beautiful design and User eXperience including the ability to take initiative to research, learn and implement emerging technologies
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- BA/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Graphic Design and animation skills.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with high traffic dynamic web sites.
- Adobe Flash – Front End animation and basic ActionScript
- Experience with SVN/Git environment
- Mobile App (iOS and Android) development experience
- Experience working within the media or Broadcasting industry a plus
At Switch Media we value our people and you will receive a competitive salary package and the opportunity to progress your career within the company. We also offer a flexible environment where you will enjoy working within a team of passionate and creative online video professionals.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. If you wish to apply, please send your application to Priyanka Dayalan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Corentin Siffroi at email@example.com
Why join us?
Note to recruitment agencies: Switch Media does not accept agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Switch Media employees.
Switch Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.