Sydney, Australia – July 2014 – Multi-screen video specialists Switch Media have partnered with Network Ten to provide multi-device coverage of the XX Commonwealth Games 2014 from Glasgow, Scotland.
Switch Media is supporting delivery of live and on demand Commonwealth Games video footage and results to TENplay website and apps. Switch Media’s cloud based video content management system, the Switch Media Manager, has enabled digital delivery of eight live steams direct from the Games, as well as a system to quickly collect, collate and publish results online.
Switch Media’s complete professional service for Network Ten’s coverage of the Games includes everything from infrastructure, system integration and app development to the provision of internal workflow, management tools and ongoing technical support.
Christopher Stenhouse, CEO, Switch Media: “Here at Switch Media, we enable broadcasters and content creators to deliver spectacular internet experience across multiple IP enabled devices. We are excited to be working with Network Ten to deliver a complete broadcast capability of the XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow for its audience, following our support earlier this year for the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.”
Highlights of service provided
– Online delivery of eight live streams, including TEN, ONE and six additional channels direct from Glasgow
– Live to Video on Demand trimming and publishing capability with fast turnaround
– Bookmark functionality allowing viewers to jump to key moments in a particular sporting event
– Electronic Program Guide tool providing the ability to easily manage and change the broadcast schedule at any time
– A DVR window that enables viewers to rewind up to 30-minutes while streaming a live event
– In-stream ad replacement with custom VAST-compliant ads with a ‘Learn more’ click-through capability
– Reporting, monitoring and analytics capability
Rebekah Horne, Chief Digital Officer, Network Ten: “Our strategy is to bring Network Ten’s content to people anywhere, any time and on any device. Working with Switch Media, we are able to offer Australians a viewing and engagement experience like no other for the XX Commonwealth Games, as we did for the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, in February. We are confident our digital coverage of the Glasgow Games will be an outstanding success, providing a consumer content experience that is multi-screen, multi-platform and designed with the user experience as the top priority.”