Creating, delivering and operating premium live and on-demand rich-media services in all locations
Switch Onboard is an end-to-end solution that can capture, ingest, encode, store and deliver content to remote or mobile location access points for consumption by customers through bespoke apps on their personal devices.
Providing a suite of Live, Video on Demand, and Catch-up viewing services by utilising a combination of Switch Media’s cloud based video content management system, the Switch Media Manager, and their remote distributed network service, Switch Onboard enables clients to deliver valuable content in high definition anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
Switch Onboard integrates easily with existing systems thanks to its open, modular and scalable architecture, and makes it easy to support even the most complex editorial work¬flows. With platform support for an ever expanding range of popular devices Switch Onboard also provides access to API and SDK toolkits that enable quick, easy and cost-effective development of native branded apps.
- Locally cached content
- Updated local content when in-base, via Wi-Fi connectivity or through physical media transfer
- Adding pre, mid, and post-roll ads
- On-board digital display signage
- Creating geo-specific marketing (e.g. tram nearing department store displays store specific advertising)
- Walled garden ecosystem for on board Wi-Fi usage in custom apps (advertising, usage analytics etc.)
- Integrated ticketing, way-finding and route planning services
- Ability to integrate payment gateways
- No need for costly satellite, or 3/4G Wi-Fi mesh back haul-or minimal usage (once-only sending of content to node)